Skills For Thrills
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Runescape Adventure.

+3
The Party
Lazy Yak
Cwboy1
7 posters

Go down

My Runescape Adventure. Empty My Runescape Adventure.

Post by Cwboy1 Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 am

This is my personal account of my Runescape adventure, I'd love to know yours too! Smile
I don't expect you to read all of it, LONG POST, but it took me around an hour to type so, it'd be great if you could read some of my rs background. Wink

It was late November, 2005. I was very young at the time, perhaps about 5 or 6. I loved computers and had been using them since I was around 4. I was with my uncle, being 13 at the time. He was playing a rather odd looking game on the computer. Well, within 15 minutes, I was away. Just discovering the magnificence of RuneScape. I had an account with the name... 'Grimrepper1' This account has long been forgotton by January 2006, along with Runescape to be honest. It was February 2006 that we moved to a small village rather than a busy town. We did and still do live next to my cousins. The eldest cousin was around 11 or 12. He played RuneScape. He was slightly more advanced in the game rather than my uncle or myself and he has been my role-model ever since. A new account was created, the beginning of a hero that would travel distant lands... Cwboy1

~

April 2006. I had no internet at the new house and would not for another several months. Everyday, I would return to his house for more hours of training, getting lost and losing everything. I was in love with the game, drawing crude pictures of my character and the login screen. I would take 'Orders' from him, for example 50 tin and 50 copper. 100 oak logs. And he would pay me for it. (No G.E) I loved it. I had internet installed and it begun. Runescape for myself. No guidance, no cousin. For almost a year, it was me, a bold level 30 on an adventure through life.

~

10th December 2007. As usual, I woke up, went on my computer and saw it there. The wilderness and free trade removal notice. Did this bother me? No, but I knew it would effect the game and that my cousin had his own business and he was a big PK'er. I saw this and rushed round to his house. I knocked on the door and his mum said he was acting a bit upset. I didn't tell her why. I went upstairs, into his room. And saw him, there in the wilderness, but his chair was empty, he was face first in his bed. Hiding his tears. He had quit Runescape, that week he played his last day of membership.

~

Mid-2008. I had moved schools due to our area we now lived in. I attended the school and made some friends, one in particular, Dylan, I found and introduced him to Runescape. He didn't like being a low level and said he wanted to know what it was like to be a higher level. I was going out to the shops and said could be play on my account for a bit. Sure, I said. I trusted him. Only know do I know how stupid I was. Of course, returning from the shops, my password was invalid. He liked the account, so he took it. All that hard work. Years of training. Gone. After a few weeks, he decided to purchase members for that account. I'd never had membership before, I wasn't aloud it. He said it was boring and he said he'd only give it if I payed him for it. I said I really needed it that night and that I'd pay him double the next day. The hunter had become the hunted. I rushed home changed the password and set recovery questions. The next day, he asked where the money was in the playground. He threatened to beat me up, at that moment the teacher I had asked for was there. She knew the whole story. He wasn't in a good place. After that, I got to have a month of free membership! My mum saw how much I was upset and saw how much it meant to me and payed for my members. To this day, that same subscription remains, of course on a different account.

~

In the mist of all this, I really thought I'd lost the account, so i had created Coke miner1. Mining pure for a bit to get money. This was transformed into my main and still is today. I still have Cwboy1 but it's not used.

~

August 2011. Forming my clan. I created a 'white knights' based clan on runescape, that slowly declined as people lost interest in Runescape.

~
October 2011. I achieved my very first 99 skill. Woodcutting, a skill I loved through the years. I never thought I would achieve anything like this. One of the most common 99's on runescape, but I am amazingly proud of myself. Whilst one of my irl friends rolls in gp from gold websites and the other bots to his hearts content with 7 botted 99's under his belt. I pulled through, all the tempations, everything. To this day, I play Runescape, but it's not the same. Who knew something as small as that odd little game on the computer would have such an effect in my childhood and choices in life.

~
4th August 2011 (Wrong order I know)
I found 2006Scape.net 3 days after the project was started. I've been hoocked ever since. Trying to re-live the days.

~

Overall, my adventure through Runescape has seen good times and bad times. I've lost friends and made friends, died and re-spawned. Lost 11m to gambling (not alot to you) and achieved a 99. So here I am, proud to be part of the project 2006scape and even prouder to be part of SFT.

Yours, Charlie

Thank-you if you took the time to read all that. It means a lot. Smile
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

My Runescape Adventure. Empty Re: My Runescape Adventure.

Post by Lazy Yak Sun May 20, 2012 8:18 am

good job mate !
hope you enjoy 2006scape as much as rs back in the days
Lazy Yak
Lazy Yak
Barrows Rank
Barrows Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cwboy1 Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 am

Hopefully.
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Party Sun May 20, 2012 5:15 pm

How much do you still play?
The Party
The Party
Zamorak Rank
Zamorak Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Sun May 20, 2012 11:34 pm

I read all of it. I can relate to a lot of it and agree that it is weird how much a game can affect your life haha.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cwboy1 Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 am

@The Party.

Everyday for 1-2 hours. I used to play about 9 hours before 2006scape. (no-life.)
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Party Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 pm

^hahaha
The Party
The Party
Zamorak Rank
Zamorak Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Royalist Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd kill my friend if he took my account. HAHA, jk ;p

Nice story! Sad
Royalist
Royalist
Legend Rank
Legend Rank

http://www.2006scape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 pm

I read your adventure which was why I decided to write my own.
Thank you for taking the time to read mine. Razz
Trail
Trail
Owner
Owner

https://twitter.com/#!/T_R_A_I_L

Back to top Go down

Post by Cwboy1 Tue May 22, 2012 11:01 am

^ What goes around comes around! Smile
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Pete Tue May 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Very good! cheers
Party Pete
Party Pete
Dragon Rank
Dragon Rank

http://www.rs2006.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down