Skills For Thrills
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Alpha Resignation.

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Alpha Resignation. Empty Pre-Alpha Resignation.

Post by Cwboy1 Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

TL;DR at bottom of post.

I have come to my own decision to not participate in the Pre-Alpha of 2006scape. I am sure many of you will have noticed my inactivity, in the game and in the clan. I blocked myself out from the game for a few weeks so I had time to consider this properly and rationally. 2006scape is a game I love, but for some reason, it is not what it was. I have several points of why I am quitting Pre-Alpha.

1. Decline of the community's respect and maturity.

2. After waiting 12 months (when we hit 4th August) the game has taken a long time, as I expected, however, the quality of the game, did not compare to what I was personally promised.

3. Mod Vault. When the website was first born, there was a PM'ing system, myself and Vault had many conversations and since, I could donate using RSGP, I was one of the top donors, donating almost weekly. As if by magic, when the new (current) website was created, I lost all contact with Mod Vault, and my account was permanently lost, hence my current account, Cwboy1.

4. Deep Wounds. After donating over 6 million gp, I was happy to see the new updates to the site, after being on holiday for 2-3 weeks. I came back and, after finding my account had been 'lost', I made a new account and posted in the Report a bug section, tech support and questions, only to have my account repeatedly locked, I gave up on 2006scape for another week or so. I came back and found SFT, you guys bought me back to this game and showed me the community wasn't all bad. However, now, the mods are ignorant towards me and this far on, I am just 'trying to get a free donor status' so have said many.

5. Hard Work.
I have worked for 6-7 years on my current RuneScape account now. Pre-Alpha is going to be reset anyway, and try as I might, cannot bring myself to find a reason to scrap all my hard work on current RuneScape for an incomplete private server with a reset coming up soon.

6. Current Dedications
I have many friends, old friends, and clan mates that have stuck through it with me, who am I to quit on them, when they have never turned their back on me.

I will be returning in Alpha, simply to have a look at the game, and perhaps to play it 50/50 with current RuneScape. Call it giving up, if that's what makes you sleep at night, but personally, I call it a blessing in disguise, I have lost focus on many of my RuneScape goals, but I have met many many great people along the way. I would like to take the time to name some of them below.

She Was Help
Rex
Trail
Royalist
Jwc
Lol
Like a boss
Mod Ryan
Thefty

There are many more, many have moved on also, many stay faithful.

Perhaps one day, I will return, perhaps one day will be too late. I wish all of you the best of luck in your 2006scape journeys.

If it is okay with Jwc, I would like to stay part of SFT as you people have become not just clan mates, but friends. I am a forum mod, and would like to continue my role of this, under the condition I stay active.

Farewell.

Charlie.

TL;DR
I am quitting 06scape because of the reasons stated above, but I will stay with SFT if that's alright.
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Pre-Alpha Resignation. Empty Re: Pre-Alpha Resignation.

Post by Thefty Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry to see you go. It's been great so far so hopefully we will see you return in alpha! Best of luck of whatever goals you have.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cwboy1 Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:35 pm

I will be returning in Alpha yes. I just don't see the point in wasting my time.
Cwboy1
Cwboy1
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Yak Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 am

jah bless!
i would love to see you go to alpha when it's out
but i can't be asked to do that
i'm still commited to rs
Lazy Yak
Lazy Yak
Barrows Rank
Barrows Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Rammstein Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Cwboy1 wrote:I will be returning in Alpha yes. I just don't see the point in wasting my time.

I understand you. See you soon Smile
Rammstein
Rammstein
Steel Rank
Steel Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down