Skills For Thrills
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four resigns in 3 hours

+4
Royalist
Thefty
Jwc
Trail
8 posters

Go down

Four resigns in 3 hours Empty Four resigns in 3 hours

Post by Trail Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:29 am

Four staff members created threads regarding them resigning their positions on 2006Scape. The names of those members are Tradechat, threat, S Y N, and Mod America. It caught everyone by surprise especially considering these guys were highly looked up to and Threat barely held his FMod position. Mod America is going by the name "America2006" now due to the fact that only administrators are allowed to have 'Mod' in their names. Their resignation threads have since been hidden for unknown reasons, but I did take screenshots of what they said on their threads and put them all in one image which is below as well as making a VLog talking about the sudden resignations which include their posts.
Four resigns in 3 hours Resign10
Trail
Trail
Owner
Owner

https://twitter.com/#!/T_R_A_I_L

Back to top Go down

Four resigns in 3 hours Empty Re: Four resigns in 3 hours

Post by Trail Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 am

UPDATE #1: S Y N is a forum moderator again on the 2006Scape.com forums.
Four resigns in 3 hours Synisb10
---
UPDATE #2: After having calmed down and realized he was making a mistake, Tradechat will be back working with RuneLapse and hopefully will reclaim his FMod/PMod positions.
---
UPDATE #3: Tradechat is a forum moderator again on the 2006Scape.com forums. It is still unknown whether he will also regain his PMod status.Four resigns in 3 hours Tradec10

Last edited by Trail on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Trail
Trail
Owner
Owner

https://twitter.com/#!/T_R_A_I_L

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwc Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 am

Nice video. There's some weird stuff going on with the mods at the moment :O.
Jwc
Jwc
Co-owner
Co-owner

https://www.youtube.com/jcmuzzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Very nice video Trail. No one really knows what is going on but hopefully we will get an explanation soon.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Royalist Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Nice video! Jwc would arrange this :p
Royalist
Royalist
Legend Rank
Legend Rank

http://www.2006scape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxiia Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah, things were crazy last night.
Galaxiia
Galaxiia
Black Rank
Black Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:09 pm

They were indeed. So many threads were hidden and the chat was LIT UP!
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leipzig Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:16 am

I did watch this, good vid for watching after my exam Razz
Leipzig
Leipzig
Steel Rank
Steel Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchtastic Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am

I can understand why Mod America resigned. If 2006Scape gets sued by Jagex, that will mean that everyone who participated in the project can be helt responsable for it.

Somewhere I understand, on the other hand. With the combat update, you cannot call 2006Scape a copy of rs anymore.
Dutchtastic
Dutchtastic
Rune Rank
Rune Rank

https://www.youtube.com/user/2006Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Dutchtastic wrote:I can understand why Mod America resigned. If 2006Scape gets sued by Jagex, that will mean that everyone who participated in the project can be helt responsable for it.

Somewhere I understand, on the other hand. With the combat update, you cannot call 2006Scape a copy of rs anymore.
With private servers, Jagex still claims that they used their source which is copyrighted.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacer45 Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Thefty wrote:
Dutchtastic wrote:I can understand why Mod America resigned. If 2006Scape gets sued by Jagex, that will mean that everyone who participated in the project can be helt responsable for it.

With private servers, Jagex still claims that they used their source which is copyrighted.

The source of the private server are completely create by Player but the reason why Jagex sued private server it's because they use their cache to make their client Wink
Glacer45
Glacer45
Saradomin Rank
Saradomin Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Royalist Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Glacer45 wrote:
Thefty wrote:

The source of the private server are completely create by Player but the reason why Jagex sued private server it's because they use their cache to make their client Wink

2006Scape didn't use their cache?
Royalist
Royalist
Legend Rank
Legend Rank

http://www.2006scape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacer45 Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Royalist wrote:
Glacer45 wrote:
Thefty wrote:

2006Scape didn't use their cache?

For the client they are using the jagex 2006 cache that they code to make it work with their client.
Glacer45
Glacer45
Saradomin Rank
Saradomin Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 am

Interesting. They have coded it from scratch as far as I know.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchtastic Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:39 am

I just hope there isn't going to be an issue. They coded pretty much everything by themselves, so they cannot claim it is a 100% copy of it.
Dutchtastic
Dutchtastic
Rune Rank
Rune Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Dutchtastic wrote:I just hope there isn't going to be an issue. They coded pretty much everything by themselves, so they cannot claim it is a 100% copy of it.
True, and I don't meant to be a downer, but it is still Jagex's game.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacer45 Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Jagex take down every server that get more than 1k online players. But I think they would'nt have already take 2006scape down if they was able. I hope they cant now with the domain change and the sweden host Sad
Glacer45
Glacer45
Saradomin Rank
Saradomin Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 am

Glacer45 wrote:Jagex take down every server that get more than 1k online players. But I think they would'nt have already take 2006scape down if they was able. I hope they cant now with the domain change and the sweden host Sad
Soulsplit has well over 1k players and it hasn't been taken down. And it's been up for awhile.
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacer45 Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Thefty wrote:
Glacer45 wrote:Jagex take down every server that get more than 1k online players. But I think they would'nt have already take 2006scape down if they was able. I hope they cant now with the domain change and the sweden host Sad
Soulsplit has well over 1k players and it hasn't been taken down. And it's been up for awhile.

They surely received a message from Jagex saying if they dont close their server they are going to get sued but some server admin are really good at hidding their Ip and etc. So jagex need to find them to sue them
Glacer45
Glacer45
Saradomin Rank
Saradomin Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchtastic Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Glacer45 wrote:
Thefty wrote:

They surely received a message from Jagex saying if they dont close their server they are going to get sued but some server admin are really good at hidding their Ip and etc. So jagex need to find them to sue them

The story of SoulSplit is somewhat true about the Jagex. I've been moderator there (unfortunatly). I was around long enough to get some inside story of that.
The owner (Pim) hired the admin that is an excellent coder (Omicon - Sanity). Both of them made the IP well-hidden.
Jagex was after SoulSplit, but recently they stopped. And the owner needs RSGP now for 'advertisment purpose'. My guess is that they need to pay Jagex a decent amount to not being sued. Which is highly likely with him. He makes enough money already each month to buy an audi a3
Dutchtastic
Dutchtastic
Rune Rank
Rune Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thefty Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Hmmm, that sounds a little fishy. Well hopefully 2006scape is hidden?
Thefty
Thefty
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacer45 Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 am

Dutchtastic wrote:
Glacer45 wrote:
Thefty wrote:

The story of SoulSplit is somewhat true about the Jagex. I've been moderator there (unfortunatly). I was around long enough to get some inside story of that.
The owner (Pim) hired the admin that is an excellent coder (Omicon - Sanity). Both of them made the IP well-hidden.
Jagex was after SoulSplit, but recently they stopped. And the owner needs RSGP now for 'advertisment purpose'. My guess is that they need to pay Jagex a decent amount to not being sued. Which is highly likely with him. He makes enough money already each month to buy an audi a3

Jagex would never do a deal with a Private Server trust me After they take down battleScape, Jagex shown that they will be no exeption or deal.

The admin is surely on a gold market or something to pay his server and the Ip hidden.
Glacer45
Glacer45
Saradomin Rank
Saradomin Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down